Four reasons why 30th November is a landmark date
By Norman Chambers, managing director
It’s been another busy month here at the NACFB since our October newsletter. We have staged four NACFB roadshows with Commercial Reporter in Newcastle, Barnsley, Reading and Derby and a dedicated NACFB asset finance day in Bolton. Thank you to all those who came along and took something away from those events that we hope helped develop your business in some way.
Gain full insight into our work
By now you should have received your copy of the 2017 Annual Report, Accounts & AGM Agenda booklet. This information is being shared to demonstrate greater transparency and openness, with enough time to digest the items and changes that are being proposed.
Book your place at the AGM
This year we will be running our annual general meeting on the same day as the NACFB gala dinner – 30th November from 2pm until 4pm. You can secure your attendance in advance by phoning the head office on 020 7101 0359 or by registering online here.
Have your say
I understand that there will be many Members who may not be able to attend, so within the agenda book you will find a proxy voting form – and we would encourage as many of you as possible to use this voting facility.
Mingle with the industry’s best
Shortly after the AGM is the annual NACFB gala dinner. Thank you to all Members who took the time to register a vote for the NACFB Industry Awards.
The results are being counted and we look forward to recognising stand-out Patrons during the ceremony. I would also like extend a very special thank you to all the below Member firms that have agreed to sponsor a category at this year’s awards:
- Buy to Let Lender of the Year – sponsored by Mortgages for Business
- Leasing & Asset Provider of the Year – sponsored by Asset Finance Solutions
- Best Development Lender – sponsored by Commercial Mortgage Solutions
- Business Bank of the Year – sponsored by Omega
- Commercial Mortgage Lender of the Year – sponsored by Synergy Commercial Finance
- Factor & Invoice Discounter of the Year – sponsored by Finance 4 Business
- Newcomer/New Entrant of the Year – sponsored by B2B Finance
- Most Innovative Lender of the Year – sponsored by Commercial Finance Brokers UK
- Short Term Lender of the Year – sponsored by Y3S Bridging & Commercial
- Small Funder of the Year – sponsored by Watts Commercial
- Specialist Lender of the Year – sponsored by Goodman Corporate Finance
The tail-end of this year has been a busy time but, as a testament to our ambition for the next 12 months, 2018 promises to be even busier. We listened to the feedback from our latest Members’ days and we will be seeking to support a wider range of events across the country.
Before all of that, I look forward to seeing, and engaging with, as many Members as I can at the NACFB AGM.
See you there.